How to Engage Your Leadership Team for a Successful Service Culture Transformation
Many senior leaders assume that service performance improvement only requires a front-line training initiative. This is a fundamental mistake. A strong and successful service culture demands the power of a senior leadership team that is fully engaged. Leaders must confidently share the vision, align with each other to remove roadblocks, reward ongoing success, and role-model excellent service behavior.
At UP! Your Service, we have developed a comprehensive checklist of strategic implementation activities that help our clients plan, implement, and sustain the momentum of a service culture building program.
We are glad to share with you a section of this Checklist covering key activities to achieve successful and sustainable leadership engagement.
Leadership Engagement Activity Checklist
- Senior leaders have participated in Service Excellence Workshop and have learned to apply selected UP principles.
- Quarterly workshops, webinars or conference calls with UP! Your Service have been scheduled for senior leaders in the next year.
- Senior leaders support the Steering Committee and Building Block Project Teams.
- A Communications Kit has been created for leaders to use for “cascading” the service culture vision and implementation into the organization.
- The service education plan has been communicated to senior leaders and managers and they understand the importance of their support of and involvement with service education success.
- Senior leaders are involved in the nomination, interview, and selection of Workshop Leaders.
- Senior leaders have highlighted specific internal and external service concerns to use for Workshops customization.
- Senior leaders know the dates for the Workshop Leader Certification Programs and are scheduled to kick-off, visit and/or close the program.
- Senior leaders have participated in and supported their managers in the sequence and scheduling of workshops for their departments or business units – enabling all staff to participate fully.
If your organization is currently a client of UP! Your Service, the full Service Culture Development checklist is available from your Project Manager. If your organization is not yet a UP client, you may Contact Us for access and more information.
Categories: Service Leadership
Tags: Actionable Service Education, Best Practices, Employee Engagement, Leadership, Service Culture, Service Culture Tips, Service Education, Service Improvement, Service Leadership
Next Post: Discover How Globe Built a Winning Culture with the Power of Service
Previous Post: 7 Top Trends from 2018 Smarter Services Symposium